Join IMT's Volunteer Family!!!
IMT depends on its volunteers to make our concerts happen. Our volunteers work in all aspects of IMT's operation. In addition to knowing that they're helping a great nonprofit organization, they also get to enjoy fantastic concerts for free. To become an IMT volunteer, send an email to our Volunteer Coordinator Jim Gillard, or ask to speak to Jim at the refreshments window at a concert.
You can help us succeed and be a part of a great community effort. Here are some of the ways you can work with us.
- Technical Crew: IMT is known for the quality of its sound engineering. Help set up stage, speakers, sound board and lights. No experience required--we'll train you.
- Concert Crew: Set up the chairs, sell the refreshments, staff the ticket desk and sell CDs. And, of course, put every thing away at the end of the night.
- Street Crew: Help distribute fliers and posters. You can put out flyers in stores across an area like downtown Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Rockville or Bethesda, or just put some out in your neighborhood coffee shop, dry cleaner or book store. We also need people to help us put flyers in household doors in the communities around our venues in Takoma Park and Rockville.
- Cyber Crew: Time was, we could send out a press release to a few media outlets and they would add our events onto their calendars. Now there are a lot more media outlets who all have online calendars and we have to enter each of our events individually onto each calendar. Volunteer to spend a little time entering events onto one or more calendars and posting notices to music related websites.
- Housing: Host musicians in your home. Empty nester? Fill those bedrooms with tired and appreciative visiting musicians!
- Funding: If you don't have time to volunteer, please consider making a donation to support IMT. After ticket sales, individual donations are our largest source of funding. No amount is to small, and donations are tax deductible! To make a donation, click here.