Always check the website to see if a show is sold out or if tickets will be available at the door. When bad weather threatens, we'll post updates to the website.
Have a Problem?
Permission to Appear in Video
Access and Accommodation
You can purchase tickets to IMT shows five ways:
- Online through this website. To purchase tickets securely through this website, click on the "Buy Tickets" button on any show description or go directly to the shopping cart page (see details). Ordering through our website helps us keep IMT's costs down.
- In advance at another IMT concert.
- By phone through the IMT voice message line. (see details)
- At the House of Musical Traditions store in Takoma Park (see details). Tickets may not be available at the HMT store for all shows, or immediately before a show. Tickets for Weekly and Family shows are usually available at HMT.
- And, of course, at the door on the day of the concert. Prices at the door are usually somewhat higher than for tickets purchased in advance.
Tickets purchased online or by phone will be held for pickup at the show.
There is a $2 per ticket box office fee on all ticket purchases, except where noted. Advance purchases at concerts do not incur the fee. The box office fee goes directly to IMT to help pay the costs we incur running our box office.
Please note that advance sale of tickets for evening concerts usually ends by 1 pm on the day of the concert. Advance sale of tickets for daytime events usually ends the evening before the event. In some cases online ticketing may remain open later. Check the concert listing for the latest information.
Secure Online Orders
We prefer that you order your tickets online. When you order online, your personal information is kept safe because it is transmitted over a secure, encrypted connection. By ordering online, you help us keep IMT's costs down, and ordering online is easier for you and for us. We do not keep a record of your credit card information. For more information on privacy and security, please see our Privacy Statement.
To order by phone, call 301-960-3655. You will be asked to leave a voice message with your name, your phone number, which concert you what tickets to, and how many tickets you want. Loralyn Coles, who manages the IMT box office, will call you back to complete your order.
If you prefer, you can leave the following information and Loralyn will complete your order.
- Your name as it appears on your credit card.
- Your credit card number.
- Your credit card expiration date.
- Your credit card security code.
- Your phone number
- Your zip code (the zip code is very important!).
- The show you want to order tickets for.
- The number of each type of ticket you want (regular or student).
If you run out of time, just call back and continue your message. We'll try to call you back within two business days to confirm your order. Your tickets will be held under your name at Will Call at the venue.
Buying at HMT
For the Weekely and Family concerts you can also buy tickets in person at:
House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave
Takoma Park, MD
It's a good idea to call ahead to make sure HMT has tickets for the show you're interested in.
Music teachers who want to bring their students to shows, and anyone else interested in bringing a group to a concert, should email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about group rates. Let us know which show you want to see and how many people would be in the group, and we'll let you know if a discounted rate is available.
If you encounter any problems placing your order, please either email us at email@example.com or call our voice message line at 301-960-3655 (960-FOLK). Email will usually receive the quickest response.
PERMISSION TO APPEAR IN VIDEO
IMT produces video of many of its concerts. Anyone who attends an IMT show gives his or her consent to appear in an IMT video of that show.
Tickets not picked up within 15 minutes after the listed start time of show may be released for other patrons. If you know you're going to be late and want us to hold your tickets, contact us before the end of advance sales by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 301-960-3655 (960-FOLK).
ACCESS & ACCOMMODATION
The facilities that IMT uses meet ADA requirements for physical accessibility. If you or a member of your party requires any accommodation to participate in an IMT activity, please let us know in advance. Ticket orders are often not processed until the day of the concert, so to be sure we see your request in time to make the appropriate accommodations, please send a separate email to email@example.com.